Our programs are focused on the communities we help. We support families from some of the poorest communities in Nigeria to have the resources they need to help them live healthier lives. They are given education and training opportunities to support themselves and their loved ones.
- We support existing nonprofit organizations by volunteering manpower hours at health events and other community health promotion events.
- We provide opioid overdose education, health screens, and health fairs in inner-city Baltimore.
- We support various projects offered by other nonprofits in Baltimore City that are geared towards improved access to health screens, reduced disease burden from diabetes and other chronic illnesses, infectious diseases including HIV and Hepatitis C, and substance use disorder.
- We offer services targeting critical areas, including healthcare, education, agriculture, and community partnerships.
- We carry out periodic medical missions, but unlike most medical missions, ours is targeted towards strengthening local health institutions and local health providers.
- We identify health needs and work to fill the gaps, including the direct shipment of medicines and medical equipment to local hospitals and providing evidence-based guidelines and protocols to local institutions.
- We work with local schools to identify needs, including supplying books, computers, journals, desks, and chairs.
- We support vocational training and trade skills.
- We offer tuition assistance for some very poor families.
- We offer scholarships to select students.
- We support local farmers through large-scale purchase of fertilizers and support individual farmers with small grants to purchase seeds, farm animals, or poultry.
- We work with the local community to identify and support projects that will make the most impact on the local population.
- We support many locals with start-up grants to commence small businesses in welding, trading, agriculture, plumbing, craftsmanship, tailoring, baking, automobile/ motorcycle repairs, and other small local businesses.